KKWT is teaming up with Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, to bring a higher awareness and usage of new TLDs through the launch of 26 new websites using .blog domains, thanks to their Global Head, Computational Design and Inclusion, John Maeda, and his unprecedented ability to bring people together to create!
Many of these sites, which represent some of the most popular verticals in the blogging space, were designed by high school students, Automattic’s talented designers, and members of Alliance Graphique Internationale (AGI) to help tackle the diversity problem within the technology and design fields.
- For artists, Automattic will be launching art.blog, movie.blog, music.blog, photo.blog, poetry.blog, and video.blog.
- For those passionate about business, finance, and politics, you can now choose from business.blog, finance.blog, law.blog, news.blog, politics.blog, and water.blog.
- Wanting to show off your passion for your hobby? Fear not, we’ve got you covered too with car.blog, game.blog, fashion.blog, food.blog, and travel.blog.
- For the lifestyle and fitness-minded, take your pick from family.blog, fitness.blog, health.blog, home.blog, and school.blog.
- Coders and scientists can unite with code.blog, science.blog, and tech.blog, as well.
Through each of these websites, users can now get free sub-domains that speak to what they do, who they are, or who they aspire to become. So Aunt Mindy, the lawyer, can get mindy.law.blog; Julio, the personal trainer, can get julio.fitness.blog; Katarina, the aspiring photographer, can get kat.photo.blog. The choices are endless. Impressive, right? We think so.
The ability to get online easier is critical to making the web a better place and plays a significant role helping Automattic strive towards their mission of democratizing publishing to the web. For KKWT and other registries offering new top-level domains (TLDs) like .blog, having Automattic offer free sub-domains creates an unprecedented awareness opportunity that will help change the way people view and use new TLDs.